[Elfsea] home... more or less safe from Elfsea Mudfaire

Jane Sitton jane.sitton at radioshack.com
Mon Apr 8 08:30:31 PDT 2002

Greetings all.

I made it home with the kids around 7 p.m. Saturday night, got them clean,
warm, fed, and put to bed, all three of them, on the futon in the front
room.  Logan said they looked like a little pack of puppies, sleeping
together so sweet and sound.

Logan and my brother Geoff, on the other hand, had quite an adventure.
Logan had his cell phone off, so I gave up trying to check on him Saturday
night, and went to bed.  He woke me around 10 p.m., looking for the lug
wrench.  The trailer blew a tire, and he somehow got both lug wrenches in
the truck, rather than the van.  So he left with the wrench.  I went back to
bed.

He then woke me at 4 a.m. Sunday to say that he got the tire changed well
enough, but that tire blew out, and after trying to drive a ways on the rim,
the axle broke.  He and Geoff were then somewhere around Riverside Dr. and
Rosedale.  It was late.  Geoff saw some people (turned out to be working
girls) approaching the van, so he locked all the doors.  Logan laughed at
him, afraid of being accosted by whores.  The tow truck finally arrived, and
hauled the trailer home.

We spent Sunday washing mud from our shoes, clothes, vehicle interiors, &
etc.

Looks like Logan won't be hauling the forge anywhere soon.  He says he will
only bring finished work from now on.  So if you want some specific iron
implement at an event, give Logan a two week notice.

In spite of all, we had fun, and enjoyed seeing you all.

Take care,
Madelina