[Elfsea] Raspberry Dream Cake

Jane Sitton lymadelina at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 28 10:20:40 PDT 2002

Glad to do so.  --Madelina

--- Sabrina Sellers <moonflower1313 at hotmail.com>
wrote:
> Anabel here.
>
> If you could post that recipe (raspberry and white
> chocolate)or send it to
> me, I would greatly appreciate it.

Raspberry Dream Cake

ingredients:

1 angel food cake (I used store bought, but homemade
could be better)
1 pkg frozen raspberries
1 tub extra creamy Cool Whip
1 12 oz pkg white chocolate chips (I use Ghiradelli)
1 1/2 pint pkg fresh raspberries
1 can extra creamy whipped topping
boiling water

method:

let frozen raspberries partially defrost

place white chocolate chips (entire bag) in a large
pyrex measuring cup
add just enough boiling water to barely cover the
chips
stir until chips are thoroughly melted and consistency
is like Karo syrup

in a large bowl, fold together entire tub of Cool Whip
with entire package of partially defrosted raspberries

slice angel food cake in half, horizontally
place bottom half of cake in pan or on cake plate (a
trifle bowl would actually work better)
saturate cake with white chocolate syrup

add thick layer of Cool Whip & raspberry mixture

place top half of cake on top of mixture

repeat process with white chocolate and Cool Whip &
raspberry mixture, filling in "hole" in angel food
cake as well, but save a tad of white chocolate to
finish cake with

with canned whipped topping, make stars or rosettes,
garnish with fresh raspberries, drizzle remaining
white chocolate on raspberries

Dana says make this for her once a week

Madelina