[Elfsea] Lughnasad

Chris Harper bice.pietro at charter.net
Tue Aug 13 12:25:18 PDT 2002

[ Converted text/html to text/plain ]
Greetings to all,
As one of the autocrats of Lughnasad this year, I have a few words to pass
along.  First I would like to thank His Majesty, Patrick Michael for taking
time to attend our event because I know His time is very precious with Pennsic
so near.  Also I would like to thank Their Excellencies, Daniel and Siobhan,
for attending our event and for encouraging their Barony to attend also.
I have always heard about and seen the autocrat of an event running around in
a daze, trying to be everywhere at once.  I was told this is the way it always
is.  Well, I can now tell you different;  this was the most relaxed
autocrating I have ever seen and I think I have figured out why.  First you
have a good plan, then you get a good bunch of people to head up the
activities and then step back and let them go!  The crew we had for Lughnasad
this year was fantastic;  they made my job so easy it was great.  Big VIVATS
go to these people who were the LUGNUTS you saw all over the event, that made
my job so easy:
Daire - My CO-AUTOCRAT
Dunstan - Set up and tear down; plus carrier of everything
Dana - Keeper of the Gate and Money
Padraig - Herald and New Titled Bard of Loch Ruadh
Caerell - Rapier
Conor - Chivalric
Daniel (the older) - Archery
Dohmnall - A & S and Prizes
Bjorn - Siege Engines and the infamous "Swatter Trebuchet"
Magdalea - CIC
Elizabeth - Co-feastocrat
Medb - Co-feastocrat
Eleanor - Bardic
Ivor - Security
Rolf - Security
Madelina - Merchants
Antigonus - Children's Bardic
Connal - Brewing
Cormic - Water bearers
Robartach - Bag Pipe Toss
Eoghan - Knife, Axe and Spear
Polydore - Moral Support for all
Gustav ( who made the beautiful site tokens )
Daniel (the younger) and Morgan ( who kept us all in ICE )
Evan ( without him, feast might not have happened )
All the people that attended - without you there would have been no reason for
an event
If I have missed anyone please forgive me; it was unintentional.  These people
are why everyone had such a good time; myself included.
Again, thank you,
Bicé di Pietro
Co-autocrat
Lughnasad 2002