[Elfsea] OT--burning witches in England----Dangerous

Timothy Rayburn timothy at elfsea.net
Tue Aug 27 21:59:29 PDT 2002

>I came across this and just had to share...............; )  hope ya'll
>enjoy it

<snip>

>The man who put the torch to Agnes Nutter was a Witchfinder Major. They
>found his hat in a tree two miles away.

This is an excerpt from the wonderful work of Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett called "Good Omens".  This book is hysterical, Agnus Nutter being a relatively minor character, and has been called "Monty Python does the Apocolypse".

If you've ever wondered why Angels and Demons do what they do, read this book.

Or for that matter, if you'd like to know why all music left in a car for more than a fortnight turns into Queens Greatest Hits, read this book.  After all, who can pass us J.S. Bach's "Another One Bites The Dust" or "The 9th Symphony, lyrics by F. Mercury" ;)

Timothy
Who has his wife to thank for this

--
= TECH KNIGHTS - "Your Techs In Shining Armor" =
Does your computer have problems?