[Elfsea] Elfsea Roll of Precedence Online

HRAFNASDOT at aol.com HRAFNASDOT at aol.com
Mon Dec 2 22:46:19 PST 2002

In a message dated 12/3/2002 12:19:24 AM Eastern Standard Time, rjt at softwareinnovation.com writes:

"The result is not all things to all people, but it is a good work into which she poured a lot of herself. Instead of complaining about anything you find missing, how about suggesting nicely some additions and stating why you think this would be useful."

No complaints here.  Apparently you missed my "I'm responsible for my own information" - If my information is not listed with Elfsea, that's my fault.  It is listed with Loch Ruadh and the Kingdom, which is the important part - where my officer information is needed.  The nicenice part was "don't worry - it's listed elsewhere" - and that's just it - don't worry, if I'm not in the list, I certainly don't expect someone to revise it just for me!

I thanked those who remembered - And I thank those who work hard to get information to the populace.  Being chronicler for Loch Ruadh for the past 2+ years, I know intimately how a large project with lots of minutiae in print is hard to wrangle - hats off to anyone who attempts such a large job and succeeds.  Hard work shows in the resultant product.

When people look at the nice Domesdays put together by the various organizations, one rarely thinks about the people who make that possible and make it readable and take time to make sure the informations right.  Again, thank you.

I wouldn't have responded at all, except that my name was brought up at the top of a list and I responded.  Like I said, I certainly didn't want to cause any problems - I just responded the way I would have on our canton's list when our Domesday is updated.  Elfsea's protocol/web programs must be much more difficult to wrangle, with such a large membership.  Its understandable some get overlook.

I certainly didn't take offense - I would have hoped my reply would have met with the same response - sorry

Maybe if there are programming problems, our web people/computer guys could help.  Our site has a spiffy new look.  And the new Elfsea calendar update is really a great addition - another bit of hard work.

If anyone would like to or feels the need to respond, I will gladly do so of line - my silly information has taken up way too much time already.  My apologies to the list

In service-

Lady Asa Hrafnasdottir
Chronicler Loch Ruadh