[Elfsea] Gulf War Pre-Registration

Greg Shetler mordockvonrugen at attbi.com
Tue Dec 3 01:08:43 PST 2002

You know, I appreciate the work the land liaisons do.  But... (you knew
there would be a but)

Last year, the Fray preregistered well in advance.  When we arrived, we
were parked at the bottom of the runoff-slope of the Ansteorran
encampment.  We were, of course, swamped.  The overflow camping that
we'd used in years prior was *way* preferable to what we got by
pre-registering.  As long as Ansteorra is given spots of land like that
to allocate to pre-registering folks, I don't see a lot of point in
continuing to push pre-registration.  Somebody in our kingdom is going
to get screwed by a crappy spot of land that floods outrageously, while
folks who pay at the gate have nice, high land to use.

We voiced our complaint to Pendaran, and he assures us he has brought it
to the Gulf War Land-o-crat.  I hope that whoever that is pays
attention, and that nobody gets screwed this year like we were last
year.

Nonetheless, I would have a *very* hard time convincing any Fray to
preregister this year.

Sorry.

Dux

On