[Elfsea] "Much Ado" at Steppes 12th Night

jwains jwains at saintmail.net
Wed Dec 18 17:00:53 PST 2002

It is with deep regret that I must announce that The Baron's
Men have canceled their performance of Much Ado ABout
Nothing that was to be performed at Twelfth Night.  In the
event you are not subscribed to Ansteorra Announce list, I
have forwarded Master Eule's message below.
Mister Shakespeare, however, will still be in attendance and
auditioning for his acting troupe, and Queen Elizabeth I
will judge the period dessert competition.  Elizabethan
dancing, Kingdom Eistedfodd and the Royal Huntsman
competition will round out the day and will be followed by a
sumptuous feast and court.
Should any good gentles who have made pre-paid feast
reservations wish to cancel and request a refund, please
notify the autocrat or the feast reservationist, Lady Nuala,
immediately.  Contact information is available on the
website http://www.steppes.org/12thnight/index.html

HL Julianna Vertue
Autocrat for Steppes Twelfth Night

Subject: [Ansteorra-announce] An Apology From The Baron's
Men
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 17:00:48 -0600

Greetings unto Ansteorra,

It is with a sad heart that I must announce that The Baron's
Men will not be performing their production of William
Shakespeare's "Much Ado About Nothing" at the upcoming 12th
Night celebration in the Barony of the Steppes.

For 6 months, 35 incrediably dedicated individuals came
together and worked diligently to create a performance
experience for which we were greatly rewarded at our debut
at Bjornsborg in October.  Unfortunately, due to unexpected
cast changes, the holidays and a difficult rehearsal
schedule, we were just not able to redevelop our
performances to do them justice in such a short period of
time.  It was decided amongst us all that there should be no
performance rather than one that did not meet the
expectations of our ourselves and our audience.  However, it
is our hope that our efforts were not spent only on that one
performance and that we will be able to present our play to
you again in the future.
I am doubly saddened as word has reached us that many people
who were not able to attend our Bjornsborg performance were
looking forward to our presentation at 12th Night.  We never
thought we would have developed "fans" as we simply did this
to have some fun and to entertain our many friends around
the kingdom.
So to you all, I am terribly sorry and apologize that we
will not be able to keep our commitment to you for Steppes
12th Night.  I hope that you will still plan to attend the
event as Their Excellencies Steppes open their doors wide
once again for Ansteorra to celebrate the holiday season.
Eule von Haginbald,
Director, "Much Ado About Nothing"