[Elfsea] Archery at our new park for Sunday FP

Tessa Nieto eleanor_cleavely at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 4 18:44:51 PST 2002

 Greetings,

when I spoke to the City of Arlington about doing Passage of Arms, I decided to press my luck a little bit and see if they would allow us to do archery once a month. I was told flat out "No." So, I tried the "I'm a city employee" card. To which the lovely lady replied "No." So, I said "I work for the Police Department..." and before I could say "pretty please with sugar on top" she told me "No. We cannot bother the City Manager once a week or even once a month. He has more important things to worry about."

So, my fellow archers, Arlington is a bust. If they will refuse a City employee, I have a feeling they will have no problem telling you guys "No way, Jose." Sorry guys. I tried.

Lady Eleanor the Exhausted
  Christine Huse <maria_elfsea at hotmail.com> wrote: Is that $50/day? If so, that's a bit steep. If we are there every Sunday,
then the Barony would be looking at $200/month! This is money we just don't
have right now. Besides, I would rather see us spend that money on new
thrones and replace some of the items in the Baronial Shed or the loaner
gear that need to be replaced.

Maria

>--
>no archery in public parks was the reason we used to rent Irving Bow
>Hunters
>for the day. at that time it was $50.00. but we had room for a list
>field, and archery.
>
>Innes

- - - Gustave Flaubert, Madame Bovary