[Elfsea] Guardian of the Tor Site field trip

Lady Simone ui' Dunlaingh simone at elfsea.net
Tue Feb 5 10:01:19 PST 2002

Greetings good people

The Date for Guardian of the Tor has been Confirmed. it will be June 28-30
2002

We will await populace approval on the site we will be using. This evening
should the rains stop before 2 we will be taking a field trip to the Site
today if not we will be taking the trip tomorrow.

For those who would like to Join us at looking at the site we will be
meeting at the expo center in Glen Rose at 6:00 pm  leaving the center at
6:15 to go to the site.

The Proposed Site is the Broken O on the Brazos ranch it is a 200+acre
facility with Several amenity such as Plenty of camping space, smokers,
grills, water, one electric outlet in the area with the possibility of a few
more added by summer. a bunk hose with a breakfast for those who would wish
to purchase lodging there. and they have horses and ponies for rent.

Equestrian facilities i.e. arena Stables and feed that can be rented,
corrals, grazing land. the site carries Texas Equestrian Liability
insurance.

The Owners are very Open to The SCA being their. they are willing to let SCA
groups have the site for a small fee. Alcohol, archery , live steal ,
fighting, pets with current vaccinations. all allowed.

Please if you would like come and see the site with us ask questions that I
may have forgotten. Insight from the members of Dragonsfire Tor, our barony,
the College, Loch Ruadh, Steppes and her cantons are important in making
this decision. So please Join us.

if there is enough interest in seeing the site we can make other fieldtrips
during the week I will Post more on when and were we are going by 4 p.m.
today (Tuesday)

Lady Simone Maurian ui' Dunlaingh
simone at elfsea.net