[Elfsea] Calling all Bards

Master Darius masterdarius at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 12 07:42:31 PST 2002

Greetings my friends,

As I posted a few weeks ago I am inviting bards and performers to join me at
fighter practice this Sunday at Veterans Park to practice and work on
performance techniques and presentation.  As we will be likley be drawing a
live audiance I thought I would let every one know how I plan to manage
this.

Bring your chairs and we will set ourselves up near by where the populace
gathers so those who wish to join us may while those who don't can continue
with the normal buisness of honing thier fighting skills for Gulf Wars.  I
and other performers will be available to disucuss performance and
critiques, and for general work in preparing pieces for competition and
performance off to the side so as not to intrupt the flow of performances
ongoing. As well I expect I will be offering a piece or two for evaluation,
and the entertainment of freinds family and whatever new comers happen to be
strolling by in the park. .

I will also have a few copies of the Gulfwar and Ansteorra performance
judging forms available for performes to look over so we can gain a better
understanding of what is expected for a performance at events like Kingdom
A&S and the Gulf War Champions battles. While these forms will not be used
in the Performance section of the A&S Grand Melee at war I would still
encourage all who intend to compete there to look over these and gain some
insight of what they might expect.

Any who were at the Feast this last weekend can tell why the Steppes Bard
competiton has been haunted by a host of bards from Elfsea, that has been
dubbed around the fire and in verse as the Elfsea Bardic Shieldwall. I
expect this year once again the Bards of Elfsea, Loch Ruadh, Dragonsfire
Tor, and even a few in the College of Three Bridges shall make the judging
very difficult indeed.

At Home in Elfsea
Master Darius of the Bells