[Elfsea] Happy My Day

Don Valentyn DonValentyn at JeffTurnerFiction.com
Thu Feb 14 08:21:40 PST 2002

Ah, but this depends on which Saint Valentine you consider to be the
actual originator -- was it Saint Valentine, priest of Rome, or Saint
Valentine, bishop of Interamna?  Or could it be the third, mysterious
Saint Valentine of Africa, who also was martyred on February 14?

Of course, it doesn't matter, as long as everyone lets someone else know
they're special today.  :)

-----Original Message-----
From: elfsea-admin at ansteorra.org [mailto:elfsea-admin at ansteorra.org] On
Behalf Of Paul or Galen
Sent: Thursday, February 14, 2002 8:43 AM
To: elfsea at ansteorra.org
Subject: Re: [Elfsea] Happy My Day

On Thursday, February 14, 2002, at 08:06 AM, Don Valentyn wrote:

> Good morning, Elfsea.
>
> Please enjoy My Day to the utmost.  I strongly urge the purchase and
> distribution of flowers, chocolate, dinner reservations, and stuffed
> animals.  Feel free to express your love and respect for your
> spouse/partner/friend in any way that doesn't lead to a jail cell.

How unfortunate.  St. Valentine was, in fact, in jail when he sent a
love note to his lady, thus starting what has become the traditional
activity of his feast day.

- Galen

"God whispers to us in our pleasures, speaks in our conscience, but
shouts in our pains: it is His megaphone to rouse a deaf world."
       - C.S. Lewis
Check out my latest column at <www.viewfromdownhere.com>!
All my websites have moved to <users2.ev1.net/~pmitchel>!