[Elfsea] Historic moment in time . . .

Timothy Rayburn timothy at elfsea.net
Mon Feb 18 15:11:56 PST 2002

>As the clock hits 8.02pm on Wednesday, February 20, time will, for sixty
>seconds only, read in perfect symmetry 2002, 2002, 2002, or to be more
>precise - 20:02, 20/02, 2002.

Ok... This works but DD/MM, YYYY is a weird way of looking at a date.

>The last occasion that time read in such a symmetrical pattern was long
>before the days of the digital watch and the 24-hour clock - at 10:01am on
>January 10, 1001.

Actually, another is 11:11, 11/11, 1111
.. or .. 11:11am on Nov 11th 1111.

And 21:12, 21/12, 2112
.. or .. 9:12pm on Dec 21st 2112
is the next time is happens, which I believe is truly the last time this will happen.  But the good news is thats only 10 years away. :)

Timothy