[Elfsea] Baronial Questions?

Paul or Galen baron at elfsea.net
Wed Feb 20 15:17:34 PST 2002

On Wednesday, February 20, 2002, at 02:29 PM, Jane Sitton wrote:

> Okay, I'll bite.  As I general rule of thumb, I believe than anyone who
> actually wants a position of authority should be automatically ruled
> out,

This is a bit of hot button with me.  It's completely legitimate to ask
why a person wants to be Baron & Baroness, or what they hope to do with
the office.

But this is a real job (non-paying, unfortunately, although it has
immense rewards, both tangible and otherwise) and it's a _lot_ of work.
It's not reasonable to hope that someone who had no desire for the
position would do all that work well, nor in a timely fashion.

I count among our accomplishments that we made the job look like enough
fun -- and it is! -- that so many people want to try their hand at it.

- Galen

"God whispers to us in our pleasures, speaks in our conscience, but
shouts in our pains: it is His megaphone to rouse a deaf world."
       - C.S. Lewis
Check out my latest column at <www.viewfromdownhere.com>!
All my websites have moved to <users2.ev1.net/~pmitchel>!