[Elfsea] An informative history lesson....

Christine Huse maria_elfsea at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 1 21:47:56 PST 2002

<chuckle> Thanks Arabella! Those remind me of a list my mother sent me
acouple of years ago, but they were answers from a Catholic private school.
One that I remembered was:

The conception of Christ was called the Immaculate Conception

If I find the rest, I'll send them on to the list
Maria

>Since things hsve been so serious laterly I thought we needed a Historical
>laugh.  Pendaran sent these to me today, I thank him very much I needed a
>good laugh.
>
> >I don't know if these are real or made up, but they're funny!
> >-Brian
> >
> >The following were answers provided by 6th graders during a history
>test.
> >Watch the spelling! Some of the best humour is in the misspelling.
> >
> >1. Ancient Egypt was inhabited by mummies and they all wrote in
> >hydraulics. They lived in the Sarah Dessert. The climate of the Sarah is
> >such  that all the inhabitants have to live elsewhere.
> >
> >2. Moses led the Hebrew slaves to the Red Sea where they made  unleavened
> >bread, which is bread made without any ingredients. Moses went up on
>Mount
> >Cyanide to get the Ten Commandments.  He died before he ever reached
> >Canada.
> >
> >3. Solomon had three hundred wives and seven hundred  porcupines.
> >
> >4. The Greeks were a highly sculptured people, and without them we
> >wouldn't have history. The Greeks also had myths. A myth is a female
>moth.
> >
> >5. Socrates was a famous Greek teacher who went around giving people
> >advice. They killed him. Socrates died from an overdose of wedlock. After
> >his  death, his career suffered a dramatic decline.
> >
> >6. In the Olympic games, Greeks ran races, jumped, hurled biscuits,  and
> >threw the java.
> >
> >7. Julius Caesar extinguished himself on the battlefields of Gaul.  The
> >Ides of March murdered him because they thought he was going to be made
> >king. Dying, he gasped out: "Tee hee, Brutus."
> >
> >8. Joan of Arc was burnt to a steak and was canonized by Bernard  Shaw.
> >
> >9. Queen Elizabeth was the "Virgin Queen." As a queen she was a  success.
> >When she exposed herself before her troops they all shouted  "hurrah."
> >
> >10. It was an age of great inventions and discoveries.   Gutenberg
>invented
> >removable type and the Bible. Another important invention was  the
> >circulation of blood. Sir Walter Raleigh is a historical figure because
>he
> >invented cigarettes and started smoking. Sir Francis Drake circumsized
>the
> >world  with a 100-foot clipper.
> >
> >11. The greatest writer of the Renaissance was William Shakespeare.  He
>was
> >born in the year 1564, supposedly on his birthday. He never made much
> >money and is famous only because of his plays. He wrote tragedies,
> >comedies, and  hysterectomies, all in Islamic pentameter. Romeo and
>Juliet
> >are an example of a  heroic couple.
> >
> >12. Writing at the same time as Shakespeare was Miguel Cervantes. He
>wrote
> >Donkey Hote. The next great author was John Milton. Milton wrote Paradise
> [...]

Hospitaler for the Lord and Lady of Elfsea

http://mariadevasquez.homestead.com/index.html