[Elfsea] Calling all Bards

willow herbert willowjonbardc at juno.com
Fri Feb 15 14:01:05 PST 2002

Thank you Honorable  Lady Brigit O'Shaughnessey

Some of you might have been thinking that I had been pitching for
something for myself. Maybe I was experiencing some form of Sour Grapes.
But that is not true, I have been around for a long time,33 years, and
better groups than you have tried to get rid of me. I have noticed that
we are losing a lot of our more experienced members. I have gone through
about 12 generations and  we always seem to losing people but it seems a
little worse this time. Not necessary in Elfsea proper but everywhere
else in the kingdom. Whenever we change the leadership of a Barony there
is always a chance that we lose people and I would like all of us to grab
on to the people around us and keep them in. With all the other clubs out
there it is harder for us to recruit new members and there is not an
unlimited pool of people who think like us. We need to keep everybody and
keep them active. Better to be safe than sorry

By the way, I think Elfsea has been doing a great job and I am proud to
be part of the effort.

Thank you  for listening to this Cassandra like warning.
The Doom and Gloom merchant
Duchess Willow de Wisp