[Elfsea] Baronial Questions?

Don Valentyn DonValentyn at JeffTurnerFiction.com
Thu Feb 21 08:48:10 PST 2002

There's a pretty wide difference between your first and second posts on
this subject.  You've added a number of conditions to the rule in the
second post, so I'm not sure where you stand now in regard to actual
action.

The first post is pretty clear:
> Okay, I'll bite.  As I general rule of thumb, I believe than anyone
who
> actually wants a position of authority should be automatically ruled
> out,

The action involved is to rule out (either of your vote or the overall
race) anyone who actually wants to be Baron and Baroness.

This is pretty ridiculous.  What possible good could be done by someone
who *doesn't* want the job?  Choosing apathetic leadership is as good as
buying the nails for the Baronial coffin.  Anyone here remember the
Shadowlands?

As to the added conditions in your second post -- if you feel that one
of the candidates is interested in the position simply for self-serving
purposes, simply don't recommend that person to the Crown.  Back the
candidates whom you feel won't fall to this corruption that you're
worried about.  Nothing radical nor wrong about that.

Valentyn