[Elfsea] From the Kitchen Steward's other half

Shari Burnham ladypendarves at elfsea.net
Tue Feb 12 07:09:38 PST 2002

Greetings and Salutations to the Goode People of the Barony:
Thank you so much for making Caius' first SCA feast as Kitchen Steward (feastocrat-it always sounds so weird to me!) a great success.  We couldn't have done it without such a wonderful group of people. We want to thank everyone who enjoyed the feast! Seeing Caius' face when you all were eating heartily and afterwards when individuals were telling us how much they enjoyed having a hot and hearty bowl, it made my heart lift and took the weariness from my fingers. (Especially Baroness Xene's son)

So now that my fingers are again nimble and the Navy has no computer crisis, I know Lady Eleanor gave thanks to special people but these are Special personal heartfelt thanks to the following people:
Lord Sebastian, for not just being autocrat, but for helping find great food and wine.
Lord Willem Penbras on doing such an awesome job helping setup the feast hall-the sight of it was magical! And for taking care of the little details in the feast hall-chairs, garbage containers, lighting, etc.
Seamus the paddle boy-ESPECIALLY for scrubbing the nasty pot! And in such style in those coveralls . . .
Genvieve, for keeping me sane throughout the day by giving both me and Eleanor a shoulder to lean on when we needed a break.  And by constantly sorting garb and entertaining us with the exclamations. And taking the large stew pot that wouldn't fit in our fridge.
Lord Caelin an Andrede for loaning to us the awesome cooking pots, the great smiles, and the great conversation
Honorable Lady Rosalia O Brogan for watching over Sebastian when his fever started,
His Excellency, Baron Galen and Her Excellency, Baroness Allesandra for being so supportive.  And for bringing little man Robbie who being such a happy baby cheered me up so much when I thought the oven wasn't going to work and I was going to have to run home to bake bread.

The Kids who served feast-I don't know all their names, I remember Andy, a nice skinny quiet young man who constantly helped do so much from getting water for people to serving to taking out garbage. I remember two delightful young ladies who worked hard at serving and brought back more dirty dishes than I could count.

And to many more people I can't think of who stopped by to say hi, tell Caius the stew smelled good, tell us a joke, give us a drink of wine, make us sit outside in the sunshine for 5 minutes, and gave us hugs.

THANK YOU.
SO! When's the next feast?
Lady Elisabeth of Pendarves
Shadewes Company