[Elfsea] A&S Night Leather Working

S. McFarlane tanwyn at flash.net
Thu Feb 14 08:50:57 PST 2002

Greetings,

 A&S night is almost here. It is this coming Mon the 18th, from 7:pm until
9:30ish. this will be held at my house.( call if you need directions)
817-465-5148hm,  817-845-5483cell

We have an added bonus, MS Stella will be there to assist with this class.

This 1st class will be on period leather working techniques & designs.
Hopefully we will be choosing a design to transfer onto your project. Which,
brings me to the next point... the project. Everyone needs to bring a
project to work on: belt, quiver, pouch, sheath, roundel (a decoration to be
attached to something), buckler...etc.. Lets not get too fancy, keep it
simple. If you have a special design you want to use: device, knotwork,
initials.... please bring that as well.

Leather belt blanks can be bought at the Leather Factory for $10-15. this
makes a great project, and comes in very handy to cinch your tunics, hold
your pouch, favors and various other items that we tend to collect and hang
from the waist.

I will have some tools available for use at my house, but that is where they
MUST stay. After the first workshop we will be able to let you know what
tools you will need for your project(not everyone will need the same thing)

This brings me to class 2.(This class will be postponed until April due to
WAR) In this class we will be transferring your designs( if this has not
already been done )and implementing the embellishing technique of your
choice onto your project:stamping, punching,  tooling...
Class 3 will be for finishing up the projects, and questions on
documentation.

**Remember there will be a mini A&S display at the following Moot, populous
choice and a prize to the winner.

 I have had a couple of people say to me in passing they were looking
forward to this class, and have had only 1 confirmation of attendance.
Please contact me if you are planning on being here for the class.

I can give you some project ideas if your not sure what you want to do.

In Service,
Tanwyn~