[Elfsea] Test Scores

Vicki Marsh XaraXene at attbi.com
Thu Feb 14 15:30:28 PST 2002

Ok, I just *have* to share a bit of good news with you all.

Last week, on the Tuesday of snow, I had to take the TASP test.  Because I
started college way back in '75, I was TASP exempt.  At least until I became
interested in becoming a certified teacher.  I put off taking this darn test
for a year - mostly out of test fear. The test lasts for five hours, and I
took all five hours to complete it.

Well, I got my test results back and passed everything!  The scores could
range from 100 - 300 in reading, math, and writing.  I got a 300 in Reading
(!), a 286 in Math, and a 240 in Writing. I did the writing part last and
*knew* I didn't do my best, but by then I was too tired to do another
re-write. Not to mention the fact that I was worried about driving home from
Richardson in the snowstorm at 9:00 at night. Oh, well, I passed it.

Now, I am going on to apply for alternative certification.

Wish me luck!!

Xene / Vicki