[Elfsea] Announcement : Gaming Guild

Timothy Rayburn timothy at elfsea.net
Wed Feb 27 08:48:34 PST 2002

Greeting!

If you were in the court of Elizabeth I and were asked if you'd like to play 'Tables' would you know what the person meant?

Do you know that *00* is a capture?

Do you think that leaders of the church are only allowed to walk in diagonal lines?

Well, if you do, or if you'd like to, then I'd like to invite you to the first meeting of The Gaming Guild.  We will be meeting on the Fourth Tuesday of the month, and our first meeting will be on March 26th at my house.

The Gaming Guild will be a time for people to hang out and make new friends across a board from one another.  While we will always be happy to teach, or learn, period games such as Backgammon, Pente or Chess we will also have more modern games such as Kingmaker, The Great Dalmutti and Once Upon a Time available.  Our primary focus is to have fun, with the secondary purpose of teaching period games.

To start the ball rolling, I will be sponsoring a Backgammon Tournament.  I will be sending more information on this shortly.

Timothy of Glastinbury