[Elfsea] ...and No One Took Credit!

neil starkey foolsmatters at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 26 20:44:50 PST 2002

I have heard rumors over the years, that there is an underground publication
that pops up from time to time at Elfsea Spring Faire.  The nature of this
publication is to poke fun and mock Officers and members of this fair
Barony.  I have it on good authority that if given the right encouragement
(and submissions of material to print) that the individual(s) who produce
this publication may strike again.  Now if you are not familiar with this
publication, I believe it is called the "Troll Swamp Rag".  No one has
stepped forward to claim responsibility for it's existance, and I seem to
remember Baron Llwelyn Banning it from events as long as he was Baron.
There may be examples of what to watch out for in the Historians files of
Elfsea, so that we might have examples to view and know what the dangers
are.  With this information, if anyone is so inclined to submit material for
printing, they may want to send it here first, and I, as King of Fools, will
try to protect the Barony from this publication.  I will even go so far as
to view any Gulf War Stories that you feel may fall in the wrong hands.

{Now for the real story.  The "Troll Swamp Rag" is a parody on life in
Elfsea.  No harm is intended and no articles will be published until all of
the people mentioned in it have an opportunity to view the material and
decide if they approve it's printing.  Also, if you "change" a person's name
to "protect the inoccent", then please provide the person's real name to
allow them the opportunity to judge the material.  Submission deadline is a
week after the war, since Spring Faire is close at hand.  All material, such
as artwork, stories, war stories, poems, false Officer reports, etc. will be
considered but not neccessarily printed.  This publication is not a part of
the Chroniclers Office, so any submissions to the Elfsea Chronicler may not
make it to print.  If you wish to make any submissions, please send it to
this address foolsmatters at hotmail.com.}