[Elfsea] This week in History

Paul or Galen baron at elfsea.net
Tue Feb 12 11:34:23 PST 2002

Nice!  A few notes:

On Tuesday, February 12, 2002, at 01:05 PM, Jane Sitton wrote:

> Pop quiz, What are all of these people famous for?

<snip>

> February 12th, 1969:  (ME) Raimond - first Elfsea King of Fools?

Not first, but 3-times, including now.  Willow was first.

<snip>

> Feb 14th, 1946:  Gregory Hines - dancer?

Right.  He did "White Nights" with Barishnikov.

> Feb 15th, 1564:  Galileo Galilei - "I recant.  No, wait, I don't
> recant.  I
> recant.  No, wait, I don't recant...."

I love that!

> Feb 15th, 1820:  Susan B. Anthony - women's rights, first female to run
> for
> president?

Never ran for president, but was the first female historical figure on
U.S. money, and was  a prolific writer not only on women's rights, but
also on pro-life issues.

> Feb 15th, 1951:  Jane Seymour - Dr. Quinn, triplets?, movie actress

1951?  I guess that leaves out Henry VIII's third wife.

> February 15th, 19**:  (our own) HL Ceinwen - tamed Airaklee?

Nah, if he was tame, he'd be a knight.

- Galen

"God whispers to us in our pleasures, speaks in our conscience, but
shouts in our pains: it is His megaphone to rouse a deaf world."
       - C.S. Lewis
Check out my latest column at <www.viewfromdownhere.com>!
All my websites have moved to <users2.ev1.net/~pmitchel>!