[Elfsea] Baronial Questions?

Jhan Knebel rixende at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 21 08:25:56 PST 2002

When Galen and Allessandra announced that they were
stepping down, we thought long and hard about what we
could offer the Barony if we chose to submit ourselves
as candidates for Lord and Lady Elfsea.

We have a long history of service and leadership. We
are good at interacting with the Crown. We respect the
rights and opinions of all the members of the Barony
and it's Cantons and Colleges. We are well versed in
interkingdom anthropology, and can serve as emissaries
for the Crown of Ansteorra should the need arise. We
bring a fresh perspective, but will seek council from
those who have come before us, and those that will
lend us their voice.

We feel that this combination of skills and desire to
serve uniquely qualifies us to lead Elfsea and her
people.

When Rixende was a Sceneshale of an incipient shire,
she was asked by a member why she worked so hard all
the time, "it's just a game." Her response was, "Some
people must have jobs, so that others can enjoy the
game." While the positions of Baron and Baroness are a
great honor and joy, they are also a high duty and
responsibility. They require much time, money and
openness of home and heart. We are willing to dedicate
our time and money to the people of Elfsea. Our hearts
and home are already open to Elfsea, and we long to
extend that love into greater service of our Barony
and Kingdom.

Above all, the Baron and Baroness of Elfsea are the
representation of the Crown of Ansteorra in Elfsea.
They will encourage the newcomer with a kind word,
reward artisans for their first attempt or masterwork
alike, and spread wordfame of their mighty warriors.
They should carry themselves with grace and honor at
all times. The only authority that the Baron and
Baroness have is that which their populace gives them.

We play a medieval game, and making the game more
medieval is important to us. We look forward to having
more oppportunity as Baron and Baroness to create
those "Magical Moments" where one feels transported
back in time, where they can completely immerse
themselves in the Dream.

In service to Elfsea and Ansteorra,

Lord Tomas and Lady Rixende

--- Jane Sitton <jane.sitton at radioshack.com> wrote:
> Okay, I'll bite.  As I general rule of thumb, I
> believe than anyone who
> actually wants a position of authority should be
> automatically ruled out,
> and that Mark Twain was right in that I wouldn't
> want to join any group that
> would have me as a member, but all things being
> even, tell me, in as few
> words as possible, WHY you want to be
> Baron/Baroness.  We all know you live
> to serve the Barony, the Kingdom, blah blah blah,
> but PERSONALLY, why do you
> aspire to the Baronial throne?
>
> Lady Madelina de Lyndesaye

=====