[Elfsea] Moot on Monday night

Tessa Nieto eleanor_cleavely at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 26 19:20:15 PST 2002

Hear hear good lady!

Good gentles, last night was a difficult night for
all. Please, if you must speak to each other at Moot
when others are up front giving reports or giving good
reasons as to why they should lead us, please remove
yourselves outside so that others may hear those
words. I was deeply saddened that I was unable to hear
many of the candidates last night.

I applaud those who spoke up and asked for peace in
the room. Perhaps we shall all learn to be more polite
and respectful of one another in the future.

I remain...

Your most humble servant,
Lady Eleanor Cleavely
--- Shari Burnham <ladypendarves at elfsea.net> wrote:
> I just wanted to say that I enjoyed listening to all
> the candidates for baron and baroness for their 2
> minutes.  Or should I say, at least the parts I
> could hear.
>
> Thank you to the candidates for being polite and
> continuing to smile even though there were
> individuals in the back of the room who continued to
> be rude to you and sometimes even drown out our
> current baron and baroness even after repeated
> requests for quiet.
>
> Thank you to our current Baron and Baroness for
> asking politely for quiet.
>
> Thank you to the individuals in the back who
> continually said SHHHH.
>
> If you are offended by my words, perhaps there is a
> reason to be offended.
>
> Lady Elisabeth of Pendarves

=====
- - - Gustave Flaubert, Madame Bovary