[Elfsea] Baronial Questions?

Jane Sitton jane.sitton at radioshack.com
Wed Feb 27 11:25:37 PST 2002

Now that the polling is over (for the most part), I'll respond to this.  At
first, I came up with a reply that seemed to get more convoluted as I went
along.  So I deleted it and will simply say this:

I did not ask for commentary on my statement that started out "as a general
rule of thumb".  If that is my opinion or belief, it's pretty much pointless
to debate it, as it has little bearing for anyone else.  I wasn't asking
anyone to agree with me or even offer a debate on that.

Aside from that, very few people picked up on the fact that it was a joke in
the first place.  And reluctance is not necessarily an indication of apathy.
I care a lot about the Barony, but have yet to even hold an office because I
know that God doesn't like for me to make the plans.  Every time I've tried,
He's come along and changed them.

My question to the candidates was the point of the post.

Now I'll reveal what I was really looking for:

"in as few words as possible" and "personally" pretty much sum up the
response for which I was hoping.  I would have really liked someone to reply
something like, "I would feel it personally gratifying to know that many
people, not just my close friends, had faith enough in me to select me to
represent them."  Or, "after all my long years of working hard for this
Barony/Kingdom, etc., it would validate my efforts."  Even a simple, "it
shows you like me, you really like me!" would have been good.

I have played off and on for a long time, but so sporadically that I can't
say that I know any of the candidates well.  People who were able to keep it
brief showed me they could get to the heart of a matter.  People who
displayed a sense of humor showed me they could read between the lines.  And
people who got upset, longwinded, and/or off-topic pretty much helped me
decide on my vote.

Lady Madelina de Lyndesaye
general rabble-rouser