[Elfsea] Volunteering at Gulf Wars

Kate Rayburn anezka at elfsea.net
Mon Feb 25 09:19:30 PST 2002

So you're going to Gulf Wars and you don't know what to do with those
extra hours of the day.  Well, one thing you can do is volunteer!  Last
year, the people of Elfsea put in more volunteer hours than any other
group in Ansteorra and any other Barony in the Knowne World.  It's a
great way to meet people, to see the sights, and maybe even learn a new
skill (did you know charter painting is worth volunteer hours?).
Furthermore, volunteering provides groups with a portion of the profits
from war.  As another bonus, volunteering is worth TWO war points.
That's more than archery, or the field battles, or the rapier battles.

But, you don't want to walk all the way to volunteer point to turn in
the little pieces of paper you get to document the hours worked.  Then
you have to keep up with the raffle tickets you earn.  Well now those
administrative bits don't have to get in the way of every volunteer hour
being counted.  For the past several years various members of Elfsea
have pooled their raffle tickets and anything they won was donated to
the Barony to use either as largess or prizes.  This year, I am
volunteering to collect the raffle tickets people earn and sit through
the raffle in order to collect these items for Elfsea.  Additionally, I
will turn in at volunteer point any of the volunteer slips that people
receive provided their raffle tickets will be part of the Elfsea pool.
(I can't keep track of multiple people's raffle tickets.)

So if you have slips you would like someone else to turn in for you or
raffle tickets to donate, come see me in the blue pavillion in the
Elfsea encampment.  I will take care of it so you can spend more time
doing what you want (which may be more volunteering).

In Service to Elfsea and the Dream,
Dama Anezka z Rozmitala