[Elfsea] Question for the Baronial Applicants

Oscar Carmichael wolfchirurgeon at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 30 15:27:06 PST 2002

I too have been through several "hat races" since joining the SCA, in
Ansteorra and in Meridies (where I had my first contact with the SCA).
Though it is true that the final decision is by their Most Stellar
Majesties, it is rare that the crown has not looked at the populace's vote
and who the majority supports and take it into consideration on who they
select.  The largest thing, personally viewed, is that most of the crowns
may not live in the area that is going through a "hat race", so they do take
into account what the populace views on who should be considered the next
Baron & Baroness.  Please know that I am not "attacking" your comment, but
as a member of the populace, you should be more informed on the candidates
and their views for what is their "ultimate goal" for the Barony.  That
makes you a better informed populace member over all, with full knowledge of
the canidates.

Respectfully,
HL Robert Carmichael "Croaker"

Good Gentles,

Who a going thru their first "hat race", please be advised that even with
the
poling,   the ultimate decision still lies with the king and queen.   Their
decision is final, they take into consideration the results of the populace
poll,  but are not bound by it.