[Elfsea] Award Recommendations

Kate Rayburn anezka at elfsea.net
Wed Jan 9 08:25:34 PST 2002

Greetings Elfsea!

Both Baronial College and Springfaire are fast approaching and with them
comes the opportunity to recognize achievement among our populace.  You
probably saw the posts which described the awards people from Elfsea
received at Steppes 12th Night.  However, for people to receive awards,
Their Majesties need your recommendations.  Their Excellencies need
recommendations for Portcullises as well.  If all you do is talk with
your friends about people you think should be recognized, then it
doesn't get to the ears of the people who are able to recognize them.
We will all be very busy in the next few months, so now is a good time
to be thinking about who should receive recognition.  That doesn't mean
recommendations will be less welcome later, but will you have the time
then to think about them and write them?

It is also a good idea to check the OP and find out if the person
already has the award you are recommending.  You may find that they do
not have an award you were certain they did.  A Baronial OP was
published in the Scroll several months ago to provide that information.

Remember if you send a recommendation to Their Majesties, it is polite
to send a courtesy copy to Their Excellencies.

In Service,
Anezka