[Elfsea] Fw: Cooking Guild

Morgan Cain morgancain at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 25 05:59:36 PST 2002

Steppes has a cooking guild, and if anybody from Elfsea and surroundings
wishes to attend, you are more than welcome!

Usually we have a monthly meeting on the Second Wednesday of the month, on a
given topic, and in odd-numbered months we have a Sunday afternoon cooking
workshop.  The only variation right now is that we moved February back a
week because of too many conflicts with Estrella War and Border Wars for the
13th.

The schedule of the next few meetings and topics are:

        February 6th - "The Lenten Diet in the Middle Ages
                and Renaissance" - making almond milk, recipes
        March 10 - WORKSHOP - "Cooking over Fire - Recipes
                to Make While Camping" - starts about 2:30pm,
                ends with a supper of what we have made
        March 13th - "Poudre Forte and Poudre Douce - What
                Are These and How Do We Make Them?" - bring
                small jars in which to take your mixtures home
                (recycled spice bottles are perfect)

We'll talk about the April and May meetings and topics as we go along.

First meeting - February 6th - will be at my home, same place that Steppes
Populace was last night (directions on steppes.org).  Meetings will rotate,
locations will be announced.

                                            ---=Morgan