[Elfsea] Letter of Intent from Lord Tomas Niallagain and Lady Rixende de Rouen

Jhan Knebel rixende at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 30 11:57:00 PST 2002

Unto the wise people of the Barony of Elfsea, the
Canton of Dragonsfire Tor, the Canton of Loch Ruadh
and the College of Three Bridges come humble greetings
from Lord Tomas Niallagain and Lady Rixende de Rouen.

When we moved to Ansteorra, Elfsea welcomed us as if
we were lost children returning home. Indeed, we felt
in our hearts that we had found our home after many
years of searching. You welcomed us into your homes
and hearts; you embraced our skills and talents,
quickly claiming us as your own. It is with a sincere
desire to return this love with service that we
recommend ourselves to you as candidates for Baron and
Baroness of Elfsea.

Their Excellencies Galen and Allessandra have served
the Barony with great strength and resolve during
their tenure as Lord and Lady Elfsea. We join our
voices with those in the Barony who wish that this day
had not come so soon. We applaud Their Excellencies
and bid them well on the path they have chosen to
follow.

A Baron and Baroness are entrusted with the greatest
treasure of Their Majesties, the trust and faith of
the subjects of the Barony. Now, Their Majesties ask
you to speak for those whom you would place your faith
and trust in. We ask you this day to place that faith
and trust in us. This duty is a great honor, and the
mantle should not be taken lightly.

We feel that Elfsea is a strong Barony, filled with
those of sound mind and willing spirits. It is because
of the strength and wisdom of this Barony that we feel
that we can lead her with the support of her people.
We bring to her the strength of diversity. We have
lived in foreign lands, providing a broad perspective
that can only enrich the beauty that is Elfsea.

We believe that in order to lead, you must serve. We
have autocrated Kingdom level events in both Atlantia
and Meridies, and local events as well. Lady Rixende
has served as founding Seneschale of the Shire of Loch
Bais, Glean Abhann and in the duties of Chatelaine and
Arts and Sciences Minister. Lord Tomas has held a
Heraldic office almost continuously since he joined
the SCA, serving in three Kingdoms. He has also served
as Exchequer.  We served on the entourage of Their
Royal Majesties Duncan and Larissa, Lord Tomas as
Their Herald, and Lady Rixende as Their Privy
Secretary.  We are willing and able to travel where
our duties would take us, within Ansteorra and outside
of her borders. We have made this letter and our
resumes available to those who wish to review it at
http://www.timelessbeads.com/intent.htm . We will
gladly provide this information in hard copy to any
who request it.

We desire to see Elfsea grow in many ways. First, to
recruit new members through properly targeted
demonstrations. Second, to reach out to citizens of
Elfsea that have not been active with the Barony, and
work to bring them back as active participants. Elfsea
has a long tradition of serving the Crown and
Ansteorra and we wish to continue that tradition.

We seek your council, that you will discuss with us
directly your dreams and desires for Elfsea, for a
Barony is nothing without its citizens. Faith and
trust are jewels that are not given lightly. We ask
that each of you come to us in your own way to satisfy
that we are good stewards of that faith and trust.

In service to Ansteorra, Elfsea, and her people,

Lord Tomas Niallagain, KGA
Lady Rixende de Rouen

David and Jhan Knebel
2017 Chattanooga Dr.