[Elfsea] A few more questions.

Timothy Rayburn timothy at elfsea.net
Thu Jan 31 14:46:20 PST 2002

I write for myself, I'm sure my lady may share her viewpoints

>1.)What do you, as an applicant for Baron/Baroness, hope to look back in X years when you are stepping down, and say "This is what I got out of being Baron/Baroness"?

I hope to look back and say that I got a chance to make Elfsea more fun for everyone in the Barony, and that I got a stronger barony to go back to as a member of the populace than what I enjoyed when I stepped up.

>2.)What are your priorities within the barony for short term? (say the first six months.  the first year?)

Throw an absolutely smashing Elfsea Defender that enjoys fully revived and revitalized Culture Camps.  Encourage the general populace to attend Fighter Practice, fighter or not, and to be on the look-out for possible new members.

>3.)What is the greatest strength that you/both of you would bring to the barony as baron/baroness?  What about the greatest weakness?

My greatest strength is to think outside the box.  While sometimes this results in ideas that might be outside the comfort zone for the populace, I have always been ready to listen to those concerns and retract or scale back the idea as necessary because of it.

My greatest weakness is that I can socially be something of a 'stick in the mud'.  I enjoy myself at events, but some peoples ideas of a good time and mine are distinctly different.

>4.) The populace within sees themselves differently as the populace outside the barony.  As our Baron/Baroness, you can be our inspiration (leader perhaps?) for how the outside 'world' sees us-in other baronies, in the kingdom, in the mundane world.  What would you change?  What wouldn't you change? or more correctly, focus on?

Our Barony is respected through-out the Kingdom, our great leadership in Galen & Allessandre as well as in Llywelyn and Xene has seen to that.  I would continue to foster an open and helpful relationship with all the groups of the Kingdom, but especially so for those close to home such as the Steppes.  I know, and am known, to nearly all of the Barons & Baronesses in the Kingdom (I've yet to me the newly invested B&B for Northkeep), and feel certain that I could present to them the image of what Elfsea is .... A place where life is good.

>5.)If you were not an applicant, what qualities and qualifications would YOU be looking at?

I to have been through a couple baronial selections, both here and in Bjornsburg.

I would ask if a couple HAS inspired the various communities within the Barony such as A&S, Armored Combat, Rapier Combat, etc.

I would ask if they can get in armor and fight at war.  Leadership on the battlefield is a plus, but there is magic, the stuff of The Dream, for fighters to fight and die or win at the side of the Baron or Baroness.

Timothy