[Elfsea] Wanted: Baronial Guard (Passage of Arms)

Tessa Nieto eleanor_cleavely at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 14 10:55:36 PST 2002

Wanted: 12 strong gentlemen or ladies to fulfill positions as Baronial Guard for the Barony of Elfsea.

Baron Galen of Bristol is looking for the best chivalric, rapier and archery fighters in the kingdom to guard his lands in the Barony of Elfsea. Hopefuls must have some sort of fighting experience not limited to chivalric, rapier or archery (combat and/or target). Fighting gear is required but some equipment will be available.

If you feel you fit these requirements, please come to Elfsea's Passage of Arms on Sunday, February 10th. Interviews (tournaments) begin at 10am with a youth boffer tournament for the enjoyment of the populace. Immediately following the youth boffer tournament will be the chivalric, rapier and archery tournaments. Resumes are not required. Please come dressed to impress and show the Barony your skills on the field of battle.

Site is NOT wet. Please do not bring live steel. Animals must be on a leash at all times. There will be refreshments (hot cocoa, hot tea, coffee) and food provided for your enjoyment. There is no charge for this event. It will be held at Veterans Park in Arlington, TX.

Directions:
FROM I20
Take your best route to Interstate 20. Exit Green Oaks blvd and go north. Take a right onto Arkansas. The park is on the corner of Arkansas and Spanish Trail.

FROM I30
Take your best route to Interstate 30. Exit Eastchase Parkway and go south. Take a left onto Arkansas. The park is on the corner of Arkansas and Spanish Trail.

For more information, please contact Lady Eleanor Cleavely (autocrat) at 817-261-0557 (no calls after 10pm please!) or email at eleanor_cleavely at yahoo.com .

- - - Gustave Flaubert, Madame Bovary