[Elfsea] Leadership

Marsh, Todd W. ToddMarsh at SierraSystems.com
Tue Jan 29 12:30:56 PST 2002

When Ramond was announced at moot as the new regional Knight Marshal, I
joked that it was part of an Elfsea plot to take over the kingdom by working
harder than any other group.  Of course there is no secret plan, but there
are several people working in kingdom and regional offices, and I appreciate
their leadership.  It is a mark of the strength of the barony that we can
provide people to fill these offices.

I have also noticed others leading by example lately, and thought I would
take time to thank them:

Galen and Allesandra - Thank you for reminding us that real life comes
first.  It is hard to make that decision, but you have shown your strength
by choosing the prudent path rather than the fun one.
Darius - Thanks for bravely being the first to speak up, and setting the
tone for the discussion to come.
Timothy - Thanks for making the extra effort to help every candidate publish
their announcement.
Dana - Thanks for gently reminding us of considerations that were
overlooked.

Two years ago we showed the kingdom that a baronial selection could be
pleasant.  Those who were not selected did not "lose", and continued to
serve the barony and kingdom in other ways.  Those who supported other
candidates did not "lose", but cheered the new Baron and Baroness and worked
with them.  Let's show the kingdom again how to do it right.  Let's continue
this leadership.

Llywelyn
Baron, retired