[Elfsea] baronial selection

Paul or Galen baron at elfsea.net
Wed Jan 30 14:03:39 PST 2002

Unto the Good Folk of the Barony of Elfsea,

 From Galen of Bristol,

Greetings!

I'd like to make a few comments about the baronial selection.  So far,
six couples have announced their willingness to serve; I know of two
other couples whom I expect you'll be hearing from soon.

This is all my personal opinion.

There are no ideal candidates.

Some have not enough experience in the SCA, or in Elfsea.  Some have too
much.  Some haven't enough rank.  Some haven't the tact, or the
maturity, or the youthfulness, or the energy.  Some can't be taken
seriously, some are too dour and serious.

But all are hard workers for Elfsea, and all hold our barony close to
their hearts.  And all have promised to support those who next become
Baron & Baroness.

Whomever you select as your favorite, I hope it will be someone you
respect; someone whose praise you will value, whose leadership you will
seek, whose counsel you will hear, whose example you honor; someone whom
you will be proud to serve.

Our next Baron and Baroness will need the help and support of all our
members.  I hope you are committed to be there for them, as you all have
been for Allessandra and I.

- Galen

"God whispers to us in our pleasures, speaks in our conscience, but
shouts in our pains: it is His megaphone to rouse a deaf world."
       - C.S. Lewis
Check out my latest column at <www.viewfromdownhere.com>!
All my websites have moved to <users2.ev1.net/~pmitchel>!