[Elfsea] Northwood Demo Wed. 5 pm

Shana Hardy Shana.Hardy at tsrh.org
Tue Jan 15 14:09:56 PST 2002

Would either of your two Hospitaler Deputies be available for this demo?  I can't make a week-day because of work.  I'll see what Arodonn's schedule is but he'd need a ride there.

Tangwystl

>>> MarsV at chisd.com 01/15/02 03:54PM >>>
Xene here.

Yes, this is a rerun of the previous call for help.

Northwood University is looking forward to our presence tomorrow.  This is a
wonderful recruiting demo, with approximately 50 - 60 students expected.
Also, the University will be taking photographs and sending them to the area
newspapers for publicity. We have a few chivalric fighters, and could really
use more rapier fighters.  Please bring banners and A & S projects along
with  your armor!

As for the dinner afterwards, we can go to Chili's at Hwy 67 and 1382 and
get even more publicity!!

Nuala, would you please forward this to the Steppes list, as I am not
subscribed under this e-mail address.

Again, Northwood University is *very* excited to have us there.  Their
mascots are the "Knights" and if you can come out to the campus, you will
see why we are also very excited about the possiblity of recruiting new
members from this campus.

The Barony of the Steppes has a demo scheduled at Northwood University on
Wednesday,  January 16 from 5:30 - 6:30 pm.  Xene, Llywelyn, Mahdi,
Geoffrey, Donnel, and Keef (among others) plan on being at the campus in the
Lambert Commons building no later that 5:00.

Northwood University is located in Cedar Hill, south of I-20 on Hwy 1382.
The entrance is located on the right, after the entrance to Lake Joe Pool.
If anyone comes south on  I-35E, take HWY 67 south to Cedar Hill and take
the Beltline Rd/Hwy 1382 exit.  Take the first right on Hwy 1382.  The
entrance will be several miles down and on the left - past the entrance to
the High Pointe subdivision.  Once you are on campus, follow the signs to
the Lambert Commons.  We will be inside and are planning on having a
fighting demo as well as A & S displays.

Anyone interested can contact me at xaraxene at elfsea.net or
xaraxene at attbi.com.  We can meet afterwards at any of the area restaurants
for dinner, too!!

Mistress Xene