[Elfsea] Baronial College

Darius and Monica dmriney at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 29 13:05:58 PST 2002

Just a note concerning the e-list postings. The Ansteorran Announce list was
set up so that it is sent to anybody who is subscribed to a local group
list. This was done to cut down on Multiple and cross postings. Posting the
same message to these list again and again is Kind of pointless, and goes
against the declared purpose of theses list if you are using one of the
"anounce" lists like Ansteorra-announce or DFW Announce that is
administrated by Ld Timothy. As well the Kingdom calander is maintained both
on the Ansteorran server as well as in the Blackstar and for Elfsea events
there is also Elfsea.org.

While it is unfortunate that some members of the surounding areas did not
have the info for our event imediately on hand, it has never been that far
away. I personally recieved the postings concerning Baronial college from
Mistress Gwyneth and Ld. Sebastion at three seperat e-mail accounts and
multiple times at each address. Just think we used to do all of this with
only our newsletter to guide us!

Certainly I agree that we should make the effort to increase the draw to our
events but I hardly think bordering on spaming the E-list is the way to do
it.

I personally haven't posted adds directly to the Steppes List as a Past
Autocrat for a number of reasons,

1. The Steppes List has restriced posting to those who are members of the
list.

2. as stated before they were already recieving it via the "announce list"

3. I wasn't posting it to every other group list in the kingdom either.

I have a feeling that the link on the Ansteorran Server is simply an "oops"
and one that has happened many times before.

In short, I do not mean to be aurgumentitive or obstinate about this however
I feel our autocrats have handled the electronic advertising in a
responsible manner just as did the Autocrats of BLAT. Likley BLAT is getting
more press simply because well... It's free.

At Home In Elfsea
Darius