[Elfsea] septic tanks and duct tape

ThoraOdottir at aol.com ThoraOdottir at aol.com
Fri Jan 18 17:51:23 PST 2002

Well the septic system is ok except that a series of pipes leading to it had
gotten all blocked up.  the pump guys assured me that it was such a simple
problem to fix that i could probably do it myself and not have to spend the
extra money they would have to charge me.  so i sent them on their way and
started to work with the snake and water hose to unjam it.  I never thought i
would ever be able to literally say i had a crappy day until yesterday. after
getting elbow deep in poo i finally got the pipe unplugged and did a little
happy dance to the music of water splashing into the tank, untill i realized
i had a crack in one of the pipe sections and a hole from the plumbers in the
other .  i spent the rest of the day and part of the evening trying to find
replacment pipe to fit the fittings in that section of the system.  I have
discovered that the pipe is no longer commonly used in the size we have so it
was unavailable.  my dad is going to be in soon as it turns out and with
replace the plumbing from the house to the tanks so in the mean time ...guess
what else you can use DUCT TAPE for.  :)  it's working.  so thank you all for
your thoughts and prayers.  they worked.