[Elfsea] Unto the Populace

Kate Rayburn anezka at elfsea.net
Tue Jan 29 16:40:21 PST 2002

Unto the all gentle lords and ladies of the Barony of Elfsea, the light
of the star of Ansteorra, does Lord Timothy of Glastinbury and Dama
Anezka z Rozmitala send heartfelt greetings and we do commend ourselves
to you by God's grace.

We grieve with you this day on the sad tidings that Their Excellencies
Galen and Allessandre are to lay aside the burden of Baron and Baroness.
Galen and Allessandre are our dear friends, and even more than their
need to set aside their burden, it saddens our heart that these lands
will not so often be able to be inspired by their strength, grace and
generosity.  We wish for them God's blessings and will keep them in our
prayers and hope that all others will do likewise and they will soon
return to us again with full vigor.

The task that lays before us all now is filled with both joy and
difficulty.  In the month of February at Moot you shall be asked to make
known to Their Majesties whom you believe should be Elfsea's rising
star.  The investiture of a new Baron and Baroness will occur at
Springfaire and there will be joy throughout the land.  This task shall
not be easy, but ease your heart in knowing that there is no wrong
choice.  Elfsea will grow stronger, and continue to be strong, no matter
the choice.

The task of Baron and Baroness is not an easy one, but no road worth
traveling is wide and flat.  Knowing well the climb that lay ahead, we
would ask that you consider us for the privilege of taking up this
burden.  Know that we love this Barony, and have worked and will work
with greatest effort to see her grow, no matter the choice of Their
Majesties.

We have no doubt that there will be those of you who wish to ask
questions of us regarding the future, the present and the past.  We
welcome these, and encourage you to speak with us whenever you see us.
We shall be at various baronial functions and fighter practices, as well
as Baronial College, Lindenwood's Border Wars, and possibly
Weisenfeurer's Mead Bee War.  We also encourage you to call us at
817-939-6492 or email us at timothy at elfsea.net or anezka at elfsea.net and
ask your questions, or arrange a time to visit our home and ask your
questions there.  Until such time, we commend you to God's keeping.

In service to the dream,

Lord Timothy of Glastinbury
Dama Anezka z Rozmitala