[Elfsea] Caelin and Pyro request your favor in a bid for Baron and Baroness of Elfsea

Richard Threlkeld rjt at softwareinnovation.com
Tue Jan 29 11:55:42 PST 2002

People of Elfsea,

Your friends Lord Caelin on Andrede and Lady Ker Megan of Tarransay (known
as Pyro) request you consider us for the roles of Baron and Baroness.

Why should we be chosen? Because we are the best couple to knit the people
of Elfsea into a group and lead them where you want to be. Both of us have a
reputation for leadership, straight dealing, and bringing people together.

In any Barony that which interests the Baron or Baroness thrives. Other
areas only thrive when very strong personalities take them in hand. Caelin
is a fighter in all areas of SCA combat (chivalric, rapier, archery, siege
weapons, and knife/axe/spear) and has been a marshal for some time in all
except archery (the last remaining requirement for that is scheduled for
February). All aspects of SCA combat would thrive under Caelin and Pyro.

Pyro spins thread, makes belts and awards on her looms, does calligraphy,
and creates wonderful garb. Caelin has taught at the Elfsea Baronial
College, does some leatherwork, does some needlepoint, has published poetry,
and is a cook of some repute. The Arts and Sciences will thrive under Caelin
and Pyro.

Caelin is a Pursuivant Extraordinaire (a herald who has taken a test and can
operate at large), a member of St. Gabriel's (a group that does academic
level research in names and devices for SCA people), and was the drop-dead
herald for the Barony of Elfsea. Pyro was the Baronial herald (Nautilus) for
two years. Heraldry will thrive under Caelin and Pyro.

Caelin was a successful Baronial Seneschal for two years under two very
different Baron/Baroness pairs. He learned much about being Baron/Baroness
from them. He has provided leadership before and after this term. He has
written a continuing column in the Elfsea Scroll on leadership for about a
year. Caelin is currently the Kingdom Chirurgeon. In the Boy Scouts he was
responsible for all the training of about 3,000 leaders. In all his
positions he has delegated well and made sure skills are spread widely and
everyone gets a chance to excel. Pyro leads by example. Always available,
always helpful, always willing to give her all. The Barony will thrive under
Caelin and Pyro.

Though we have supported the Cantons and the College and attended their
events, neither of us has been as active in their meetings and activities as
we would have liked. We pledge to attend at least one populace meeting each
month and be very active in our support. Though I do not believe this has
been done in the past, it will promote communications and increase the
family attitude the barony and her cantons and college enjoy.

We have developed a large group of friends in the Barony - even among our
competitors for this role. Please talk with anyone in the Barony about our
devotion to the Barony of Elfsea. We provide camperships for those who need
help to get to Gulf War. We helped with ballistae and their bolts. We help
with the trucks needed to move our stuff to Gulf War. And when helms became
a sticking point for ballista crews, we helped there too. We are among the
most active in approaching newcomers and making sure they feel welcome in
our group and begin succeeding at something quickly. Both of us are Azure
Keystones and Pyro is an Ant of Elfsea. The people of the Barony will thrive
under Caelin and Pyro.

In short, we believe we can make Elfsea the best Barony in your Kingdom - a
place where Her Excellency Xene's words of "Life is good in Elfsea" will
always be appropriate.

In Service,
Lord Caelin on Andrede
Lady Ker Megan of Tarransay

If you have questions, comments, or advice feel free to contact us on our
cell phones or email. We will attend every Elfsea event and fighter
practice.

Caelin:	 cell	214.850.1558, email	 rjt at softwareinnovation.com
Pyro:		cell	214.673.0966, email	betsy at softwareinnovation.com

Mundanely, Caelin has been a self-employed computer consultant with
employees and subcontractors for over 22 years. He is a Certified Public
Accountant, a Notary, with a BA in Computer Sciences and a Masters in
Professional Accounting from UTA and is currently taking an EMT course to
improve his first aid skills. Pyro has a BA in Physics, a Masters in
Physics, and is just a dissertation short of a PhD in Physics from the
University of Dallas.