[Elfsea] Thank you; and pants pattern please

Michelle Dodd lygabrielerdb at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 14 14:36:36 PDT 2002

I have seen documentation that the "gwazee" coat, with the "boobs exposed"
under a chemise is from much earlier that 1630. The coat itself is actually
underwear & was usuaslly worn with another coat over it. The complete outfit
of a Gwazee included pants, skirt, sleeved top, gwazee & outer coat. Duchess
Larissa, in Steppes, can possibly help you with the documentation. The coat
itself is very easy to make & is very comfortable to wear in the Ansteorran
summer.

Ly Gabriele

>From: "Lisa Duke" <arabella at elfsea.net>
>To: <elfsea at ansteorra.org>
>Subject: RE: [Elfsea] Thank you; and pants pattern please
>Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2002 13:32:13 -0700
>

>Anabel,
>I have some documentation for the Turkish coat.  What most people are
>wearing with the boobs exposed is about 1630 or later.  Make a trip down
>here and I'll show you what I have.  There is Indian/Persian version in
>period that has a narrow slit at the breast and a button or faster just
>below the neck every thing is mostly covered up and from the looks of the
>illumination there's something under the coat.  So no cleavage. I have
>found
>documentation for a short sleeved short coat version. All are wearing
>pants.
>Let me know
>
>This sure sounds like a research paper.
>
>Arabella
>Hi, Anabel,
>
>I have a pattern (somewhere) for a Turkish coat pattern from the Topkapi
>Palace.  I got it at King's College in Namron.
>
>Xene

"When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming."
I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed."  ---==== G. Stoddart