[Elfsea] Feast--Was Answers to Questions about Guardian of the Tor Site

Chris Davidson CDavidson610 at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 11 22:44:15 PDT 2002

Simone,

why don't you pose the suggestion to the group that those who have a feast
token get the good seats under the perminant pavilion and those who are
coming to enjoy the atmospher and be with thier friends get the tables on
the outside edge of  the pavilion so the servers know can and cannot eat
feast.

Christopher Donaldson

> I will bring it up with the Canton. the way we are doing it now is the way
> that was chosen by the group because we have done the server from each
table
> and have been burned.
>
> I'll  bring up setting a side an area for non-payers of feast.
>
> The point still is that there are people taking advantage of sitting at
> feast and not paying for what they eat. For this reason we chose to set
> feast for those who paid only. I will bring it up again to the group and
see
> if they wish to change it. It is a group decision by the Canton that I
will
> not arbitrarily change without the Canton's approval. until then feast is
> only available to those with tokens.
>
> It's nothing personal against those who come to feast and bring their own.
> It is because we can not afford to pay for those who are dishonest and eat
> feast when it is not theirs to eat.
>
> If people want to get mad they need to get mad at those who are dishonest
> enough to steal feast. Yes steal is a hard word, yet taking something
> without permission and without paying for it is just that stealing.
>
> Many in the Canton are still upset with the fact that so many people ate
at
> Yule that did not pay this past year. it cost us a lot of money not to
> mention upset people who paid for feast but did not get to eat their fair
> share because of the dishonesty of others.  It is a problem that is
getting
> worse over the years and not better. I am open to suggestion.
>
> Lady (Simone) Maurian in Seanan ui' Dunlaingh
> simone at elfsea.net
> A&S Minister Dragonsfire Tor
> Herald Emerald Keep
> Autocrat Guardian of the Tor
>

> > Umm...can I offer a suggestion? I think this might miff alot a people,
> > especially those that would like to sit with there freinds during
feast...

> > Why not do like the Steppes do at 12th Night? 1 person (or 2) from each
> > table gathers the feast tokens for their tables. They then present these
> > the kitchen and they are given the exact amount of food for the amount
of
> > tokens they are given.
> >
> > Or...have an area set aside for those who have brought their own food.
You