[Elfsea] Highalnd Games A&S

Christine E Huse cehuse at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jun 4 13:24:02 PDT 2002

Hola!

Sorry for the tardy post, but I downloaded a nasty worm and it tore my
computer apart! Anyways....

About six years ago, I was wondering around at the Highland Games and I came
across a strange looking bunch dressed in funny looking clothes and fighting
with what looked like weapons. So, my mother and I headed over there to take
a look. I wasn;t much interested in the fighting, but the art and science
displays realy caught my attention...especially the really cool buttons
someone had made.  I am very shy around people I don't know and a lady
(dressed in a tunic) asked me if I had any questions and she answered mopst
of them, and made me thirst for more knowledge on this fascinating time
period.....Well, to make a very long sttory short...I was hooked from this
conversation forward.

This is our biggest recruiting demo of the year! We need you and your works
of art to display!!

For those of you planning on attending the Highland Games this weekend,
please bring something you have made for our A&S tables. The A&S tables draw
a very large crowd every year and our unusual artifacts start conversations
that can lead to potential newcomers...

If you have a project that you are working on and can work on it outdoors or
can transport it....Bring it! This also generates lot of interest
(especially when we have no fighting going on the list field)

Also, if you have any plaid material you wish to share to help cover our
tables, please bring them. I have 2 tablecloths that can pass for "Celtic"
(1 is plaid and the other is a Celtic knotwork bedspread). I would like to
see th tables covered in plaid cloth.

So, if you would like to bring something for our tables, a plaid table cloth
or you would like to demo something, please let me know privately.

Gracias!!!!

Maria Cabeca de Vaca (or Maria of the New Name)