[Elfsea] Introduction to Glass Beadmaking at King's College

Jhan Knebel rixende at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 15 08:28:04 PDT 2002

Greetings unto the Citizens of Ansteorra!

I write this day to provide further information
regarding the Introduction to Glass Beadmaking class I
am teaching at King's College.

I plan on having five workstations available, with up
to 2 students at a workstation. The hands-on limit is
10 students, with an unlimited number of observers.
Handouts will be available, and a donation towards
class supplies is appreciated.

The class will begin with a brief lecture on the
history of glass beadmaking, and modern safety issues.
It will then proceed in a demonstration then practice
type of format.

We will cover the basic properties of hot glass,
making a round bead with nice ends, and a variety of
decorative techniques including dots, raked and
pulling stringer and latticino.

Lady Ameline du Bois will be assisting me with this
class, and will teach a basic technique for making a
pair of earrings from the beads made during the day.

Now, for the really fun part. Should you become as
addicted to this wonderful art form during the class,
Lady Ameline and I will have 2 full set-ups available
for purchase. The approximate cost of a set-up (which
I have hand selected the basic tools and some
essential "goodies") will be $200. (We are selling
these set-ups at my cost including shipping, which
includes a discount from my supplier) We may be
willing to break these into smaller sets for less cost
if needed. If you purchase the full set-up, you will
be able to return home with everything you need to
make glass beads excluding gas. Feel free to email me
if you wish to learn more about the basic set-up.

Ever in Service to Ansteorra and the Arts,

Lady Rixende de Rouen
Holder of the Sable Thistle of Ansteorra, Beadmaking

=====
Lady Rixende de Rouen
http://www.timelessbeads.com
rixende at timelessbeads.com