[Elfsea] Re: Gulf Wars XI

sp spalkowetz at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 18 14:52:33 PST 2002

Hey Everyone

I've been swamped w/ emails about the Ravine Battle and the status of my head injury. So instead of replying to each, i thought i'd post here.

I was hit twice in the ravine battle. I figured i didnt get it right the first time ;)

The first time i was hit in the side of the helm and something in my helm hit right into my eye scratching the cornea. I had just had lasik, so iw as scared i had messed that up. It also put a bruise on the side of my temple and eyebrow.

After alot of eye drops, advil and water, i felt better and decided i needed to get a few more rez' in, so i went back.  From what i understand, i was coming dwon the top of the ravine w/ a group and another engage us, at which i was hit so hard i was flipped into the air and landed on my stomach. I dont know how long i was out for, but i dont think very long.

Today the doc says that i have a scratched cornea and irritation, but the corneal surgery is still intact.  As for a concussion, i dont know if i have one, but i do have a pretty nice headache.  I did continue to fight in the remaining battles and rose tourney.

Thanks to everyone who helped me and took care of me thru out the weekend to make sure i was ok. I would have had a bad war w/o you.

So im ok and GO LASIK!

Vivaine.