[Elfsea] OT: Carter Blood Center needs your help!

Tessa Nieto eleanor_cleavely at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 11 17:40:44 PST 2002

Greetings my friends,

I know this is off-topic and that is a serious no-no.
However, this is something that is near and dear to my
heart. Carter Blood Center is in desperate need of
platelets and whole blood donation. Now, I know what
you're thinking. I've been through all the excuses.
But, it doesn't hurt, it takes so little time and you
get the satisfaction of knowing that you've saved a
life.

When September 11 happened, Carter Blood Care was
deluged with donations. Now, six months later, they
are struggling to keep up with demand. There aren't
enough blood products to help the thousands of
emergency, cancer and burn patients who desperately
need them each day. Carter is having to buy platelets
from other blood care facilities to help them and
platelets are expensive.

Platelets help burn victims heal and cancer patients
fight off infection and recuperate from chemotherapy.
Without platelets and blood donations, patients can't
heal properly and some even die.

Please contact your local Carter Blood Center to
donate today. If you are O+, you especially need to
donate because they have none to give to area
hospitals.

Now, I'm not getting anything out of this other than
maybe a t-shirt for my time. But then again, everyone
gets a t-shirt!

If you're in the Arlington area, please call Ken Mix
at 817-412-5810 to schedule a donation time (he's not
getting anything out of this, either). Carter Blood
Care is open on Saturdays, too, so it's really
convenient.

Elfsea is known for their service and caring of the
community. Let's continue that tradition and help save
a life. Donate a pint of blood or platelets today.

Yours in service,
Lady Eleanor Cleavely
Apprentice to Master Darius of the Bells

=====
- - - Gustave Flaubert, Madame Bovary