[Elfsea] Sleeping in your Car at War

Timothy Rayburn timothy at elfsea.net
Thu Mar 7 14:27:54 PST 2002

>That doesn't mean you can't car/truck/camp in line.  Site opens promptly at 7:00 a.m. Monday morning.  The line starts forming about 6:00 p.m. on Sunday or earlier, and at times is quite the party place.

Arabella is absolutely correct that many-many people stay in their cars overnight to be early in line.  I myself have in past years done so and been as close at the 13th car in line.

There is something to think about this year though.  On Sunday that daytime lows are predicted at 35 degrees.  That means it is entirely possible that the NIGHTTIME lows are going to be below freezing.  If you're sleeping in your car, be SURE to bring warm blankets and don't sleep with your head against a window.

Timothy of Glastinbury
Veteran of the Line Party