[Elfsea] Quest for Volunteers!

Shari Burnham ladypendarves at elfsea.net
Thu Mar 28 07:12:49 PST 2002

Once upon a time, it was told that the proper address for
the last man/woman standing on site
/in the kitchen
/carrying out the trash at 1am
/cleaning the site
/mucking out the toilets when they clogged
/being the last person standing on site when the event didn't have enough volunteers to run it

was
"Your Grace", "Your Excellency", "The Honorable Lord/Lady"

Step up to his Excellency's quest for volunteers! Step up to her Excellency's challenge of being one of many hands! Don't be one of those who say "thesamepeopledothesamejobseverytimewecancountonthemI don'thavetoputmytimeinIalreadyputmytimeinsomeoneelsecandoit . . "
(big breath now)
How many excuses do you want already??? How about the excuse "JUST DO IT"?  In case you forgot:
<SNIP>
This is your chance to be one of the few, the proud, the clean-up crew.
Years from now, when your name come up in the Pelican circle, I will
remember how you helped pick up trash, pack up pavillions, provided your truck or trailer to transport stuff, helped load, and/or came to the shed to help unload.  This can -- honestly -- be really the stuff of heroes.
Please contact me if I can count on you.
- Galen
<SNIP>
Xene here,
This doesn't just come up in the Pelican circle, but in the Laurel's circle, too.  Don't know about the other circles, but contributing service to your local group is important.
And it doesn't hurt when there are other decisions to be made.  Just be sure that if you make a promise to carry out a job, that you do it.
Many hands make for light work.
An ex-landed Baroness

Lady Elisabeth of Pendarves