[Elfsea] OT: Carter Blood Center needs your help!

Christine Huse maria_elfsea at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 12 18:29:19 PST 2002

Here! Here! I agree!! Please give!

They are also in short supply of Rh- blood types (because they are rarer
that + blood types).

As you all know that when I was pregnant with Paige, I had a seriously low
iron level. I could have bled to death. It was so serious that they had 2
units of blood on standby for me while I was in labor. But, I was told that
they had to really scrounge for my blood type (O-). Fortunately, I didn't
need it and it was released back into the general supply.

I would give myself, but I'm still classified as aniemic.

Remember, your donation could potentially save the life of a fellow
Ansteorran.

Maria

>Greetings my friends,
>
>I know this is off-topic and that is a serious no-no.
>However, this is something that is near and dear to my
>heart. Carter Blood Center is in desperate need of
>platelets and whole blood donation. Now, I know what
>you're thinking. I've been through all the excuses.
>But, it doesn't hurt, it takes so little time and you
>get the satisfaction of knowing that you've saved a
>life.
>
>When September 11 happened, Carter Blood Care was
>deluged with donations. Now, six months later, they
>are struggling to keep up with demand. There aren't
>enough blood products to help the thousands of
>emergency, cancer and burn patients who desperately
>need them each day. Carter is having to buy platelets
>from other blood care facilities to help them and
>platelets are expensive.
>
>Platelets help burn victims heal and cancer patients
>fight off infection and recuperate from chemotherapy.
>Without platelets and blood donations, patients can't
>heal properly and some even die.
>

>Please contact your local Carter Blood Center to
>donate today. If you are O+, you especially need to
>donate because they have none to give to area
>hospitals.
>
>Now, I'm not getting anything out of this other than
>maybe a t-shirt for my time. But then again, everyone
>gets a t-shirt!
>
>If you're in the Arlington area, please call Ken Mix
>at 817-412-5810 to schedule a donation time (he's not
>getting anything out of this, either). Carter Blood
>Care is open on Saturdays, too, so it's really
>convenient.
>
>Elfsea is known for their service and caring of the
>community. Let's continue that tradition and help save
>a life. Donate a pint of blood or platelets today.
>
>Yours in service,
>Lady Eleanor Cleavely
>Apprentice to Master Darius of the Bells
>
>=====
>The human language is like a cracked kettle on which we beat out a tune for
>a dancing bear, when we hope with our music to move the stars.
>- - - Gustave Flaubert, Madame Bovary

*** St. Theresa's Prayer ****
May today there be peace within
May you trust your highest power that you are exactly where you are meant to
be....
May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith
May you use those gifts that you have received, and pass on the love that
has been given to you....
May you be content knowing you are a child of God....
Let this presence settle into our bones, and allow your soul the freedom to
sing, and dance,
It is there for each and every one of you....