[Elfsea] Gulf Wars XI

Timothy Rayburn timothy at elfsea.net
Mon Mar 18 11:32:53 PST 2002

Greetings Elfsea!

Gulf Wars was spectacular!

In the Ravine, despite much trouble with injuries, Ansteorra did very well and in the end took the day.  I am certain the Marshals will be discussing for some time how to make the Ravine more safe.

In the Heavy Champions Battle, His Majesty selected an amazing assortment of fighters, all of whom did marvelously well.  From amongst the Order of the Chivalry His Majesty chose Earl Daffydd, Count Mahadi, Duke Jean-Richard, Duke Kein, and Sir Gideon.  From the unbelted fighters His Majesty chose Centurion Daniel de Bourdon, Centrion Virgil von Augsburg, Centurion Erasamus Tottengrabber, Lord William de Moley and Lord Randall de Krieger.  In the end, Ansteorra barely pulled out a victory, winning 8 of 15 fights.

In the open field, Ansteorra performed as a true Army of Heroes.  They obeyed orders, followed commands and took Trimaris two straight.

In the Fort, life was not so good.  Trimaris took the Fort when Ansteorra defended it, but Ansteorra did not take the Fort when Trimaris held it.

In the Volunteer field, Elfsea Rocked!  At least the top two hours earners from the Ansteorran force live in Elfsea, with both Dama Anezka z Rozmitala (my wife!) and HL Robert Carmicheal putting in very nearly 70 hours worth of work turned in to Volunteer Point.

On the Rapier field, His Majesty inspired our forces on to a sweep of everything but the Ravine battle.  The Ansteorran forces, as a whole, were given a golden cloak with a Blackstar on it.  It was an amazing thing to see a whole force garbed with identical cloaks, and to see how many of those cloaks were worn again on the Heavy field by those who fought in both.  You will likely see these cloaks around a lot.

In the Arts and Sciences, Elfsea sparkled.  Our own Countess Kayleigh scored a perfect 20 on her display in the Champions battle.  Many other artisans, including Mistress Stella and Lady Genevieve de la Gamba and Lady Rixende all did wonderfully well.

Perhaps most importantly a great deal of fun was had by all.  Our good neighbors of the Steppes were a pleasure to camp with, and much wonderful conversation was had beneath the common area pavilion in the Camp.

If you could not go this year, I am sorry, but now is the time to begin planning for next year!  Some diligent saving, and advanced notice to your employer can work wonders to allow you to join us all next year, as we once again attempt to drive back Trimaris.

Timothy of Glastinbury
Chronicler
Proud to be from Elfsea, where Life is Good.