[Elfsea] Fwd: Warnings we all could heed.

Wilkerson, Glen D glen.d.wilkerson at lmco.com
Wed May 8 05:46:24 PDT 2002

> >TIPS ON STAYING SAFE...FOR WOMEN
> >
> >I learned from my children's karate classes that the elbow is the
> >strongest point on your body. If you are close enough to use it, do!

Also the knife edge of the hand, the palm of the hand, the forearm, and
always remember; your legs are longer and stronger than his arms - kick
where it hurts worst.  Punch him in the nose, it hurts and temporarily
blinds him.  Use your keys sticking between your fingers as claws and go for
his eyes.  The small pepper-gas dipsensers are worth the investment.  And
always remember, your objective is not to beat him, it's to get away - as
soon as he is incapacitated, even momentarily, run.

> >If you are ever thrown into the trunk of a car, kick out the back tail
> >lights and stick your arm out the hole and start waving like crazy. The
> >driver won't see you but everybody else will. This has saved lives.

Hydralic jacks or the scissor-screw type jacks can sometimes be used to
force the trunk lid.  The front of the trunk and the back of the back seat
are usually flimsy enough to be kicked out, this is another avenue of
escape.

> >4) If the predator has a gun and you are not under his control, ALWAYS
> >RUN!
> >(a.)The predator will only hit you (a running target) 4 in 100 times.
> >And even then, it most likely WILL NOT be a vital organ. RUN!

If you do not have a Concealed Handgun Licence, get one.  If you do not want
to carry a handgun, at least take a gun safety and shooting course - the
more you know, the less afraid you will be.

If you are armed, attack - instantly - shoot to kill and don't stop until he
is on the ground.  Even if a predator has a gun drawn, if you commit to the
action, you can beat him to the first shot.  Police studies have also shown
that a committed attack with a knife has a very good chance of success, even
from several yards away - it's the element of surprise, take it away from
your attacker and use it against him.

> >Send this to any woman you know that may need to be
> >reminded that the world we live in has a lot of crazies in it....better
> >safe than sorry.

But always remember, there are more of us than there are of them.  Keep your
eyes open, and keep your head - situational awareness is your best weapon,
panic is your worst enemy.

Alaric